Monday, July 7, 2008

Second day before class

Today is Tuesday. Whil I am typing this blog before class starts, shelley is leading a discussion among all of the students that came in early. There are about 20 of the 26 here already nd there is still 15 minutes to go. They are an eager bunch and are beginning to loosen up and ask many questions. Yesterday, I spent the whole class time in introductions of myself and each of the students and covered some of the rules and trivia that surround the class time. I have two classes, each with about 26 students. One class is from 8 to 11:40 and one from 2:30 to 5:20.

Today we will start with Articulation practice and then divide the group into pairs for some conversation exercises. Their assignment for tonight is to explain who is on the front of all American coins and bills and explin them to their partners and to the class.

I am also distributing American proverbs to the students with explanations of them and ask them to tell us a story using the proverb at the end.

Now I have to ago and relieve Shellwy. Love an health to all. Burt

No comments: