Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exchanging the dress

Was not at all successful. There are 3 dress stores in the open market and each one said I bought it at the other one!!!! And, of course, I didn't remember which one I bought it at and they don't give receipts in these places so......I moved the waist decoration to the spot that was missing the flower and Rachel will still have a cute dress.

Almost had a very embarrasing moment at lunch and I'm still a little concerned. Hugo, the woman who tried to help me return the dress today was going to meet me in the lobby of the hotel after morning classes and she and I were going to have lunch and then go to the market. When I got to the lobby she was talking with her teacher and I heard the woman invite her to lunch which is very unusual because usually her teacher just lets her sit in the lobby of our hotel for 3 hours. I thought "OOPS! this is awkward". So I stepped forward and said I had invited her to lunch but that she was welcome to join us. She refused and Hugo and I had lunch and went to the market. I just hope she doesn't get into trouble because right now she is going to "skip class" on Thursday morning and take me for acupuncture. She says it's okay cuz her teacher just leaves her sitting in the back of the room for 3 hours and she is so bored that she falls asleep. We'll see if she can really come......will report on Thursday.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Cheers...Shelley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, it didn't take as long as i thought to cause your first international incident. i'm selling my global investments asap.
acupuncture with significantly larger needles is the proscribed punishment for skipping class in china. sleeping for three hours in class would make hugo a perfect fit for placement at a university stateside!