Tuesday, July 8, 2008

From Shelley

Hi All. Burt and I decided that we can use the same blog. I spent a leisurely morning reading and on the internet (It's a tough life!!) And now I'm in the classroom with Burt. I plan to attend one class each day, alternating mornings and afternoons. I really enjoy the class but two of the same material in one day is a little much when you're not teaching. I enjoy helping Burt when the class is divided into groups but I'm still glad I didn't take the responsibility of a full class cuz I'm not sure I would have the stamina to do 6 hours/day. It's a lot of hours to fill.

It is wonderful experiencing Burt as a teacher because he has such a wealth of knowledge about the US and US history. And since I majored in math specifically to avoid history both in high school and college I don't have the same information.

Also, Kagen/Leyser family we must NEVER let Burt get away with sloppy writing again. I couldn't believe my eyes when he printed absolutely clearly on the board. It was truly amazing.

I'll keep blogging periodically but I'm not going to give up sending periodic e-mails also cuz I think that many of our friends are not into blogging.

3 comments:

Tee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tee said...

Okay, who said you could be all cool and hip and write cuz instead of because? :)

Next, so the Fraser's and the Freed's can let him get away with sloppy handwriting? :)

And send the link to your friends via email! Make them work for it!

I deleted my previous comment because it had a huge typo in it!

Love...me!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the world of blogging. just remember, your comments are out there for the world to see forever. great example of american teamwork you guys. how 'bout (cool, huh tee?) some specifics of the tours before the teaching began?