Sunday, July 20, 2008

Excuse me!!

Burt, I thought we had a partnership....what do you mean "the real blogger"?

I had to write again because I am very excited. As has become tradition, Hugo and I spent the time between classes talking in my room. She is a lovely young woman and she has a hard time saying "No". Consequently she spent her week-end taking different teachers (who have their own TA but for some reason didn't use them) shopping. She went to the same place 2 days in a row by hot bus which was not fun for her but in her travels she managed to buy me a beautiful necklace and earrings. Fortuntately I had also bought her a present from our travels this week-end. The jewelry is beautiful and looks wonderful on me but I am feeling frustrated because I didn't think to put it on while I was with her.

Tomorrow Harry and I are going to the Hubei Museum to buy a wonderful lacquer plate so I've told Hugo that I probably won't be around for lunch but on Wednesday she will join me for lunch in the hotel dining room and then on Wednesday night her parents are taking Burt and I out to dinner (Burt does not even know this yet.) She said they wanted to take us to a western restaurant but I've told her that if they have a favorite Chinese restaurant we would love to experience it with them so we'll see what happens. I also asked her if they would be our guest and she said no "You will be my parents guests!!"

How could we possibly ask for a better Chinese experience!!!

Love...Shelley

No comments: