Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friday in HUST

Hi, HUST is the name of the school, Huaguang University of Science and Technology. Huaguan is proounced (who ah jong to ryme with mah jong). My class starts in one half hour. I am late with my blog because I played Ping Pong. Of course I won every match. This old man still has the magic!!!! It is like a bicycle. Once you learn you never forget. Of course the peopele I played were not the Olympic stars, but a win is a win.

Todays class was very interesting. I had given each student a post card that some of you readers sent to me. The students researched the information about the picture on the front and after discussing among themselves in rotating groups of five, they reported to the whole class. Thanks to all of you for helping me have such an interesting class.

As my gift to each student, I gave each one a brand new dollar bill and led them through the ring making process. It was a real hit.

Special note to Robyn: Of course I know what a pressie is. I am disappointed to think that you thought I might not know. It is just my American nationlism that refuses to understand and acknowledge those people that insist on destroying our sacred language. So I ain't gonna accept no more gibberish.

Ooops, here come the students for my afternoon class. Shelley is out shopping (again) but did spend the whole morning with me. Tonight we should be going to the flea market to look around but not buy (ha ha) (sure).

TGIF (I taught that to the students today) Tomorrow the school is giving a whole day tour for the teachers including an evening dinner cruise on the Yangtse River. I don't know what we are doing Sunday but I may not get a chance to blog agan until Monday. So all have a healthy and happy weekend. Love from Shelley nd me to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know that at the conclusion of each week you need to up the bar and give five-dollar bills, then ten-dollar bills, etc. do you have any idea how may tweezers and nail scissors you could be buying with that money? a little bit o' moe now resides in china, nice touch.

Tee said...

I knew you knew! And I am learing English! You speak American!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. Don't understand why Shelley needs so many tweezers??!!
I'm happy to see uncle Moe's tradition lives on and is global. Have fun. Love, Elise

sonny said...

I think I finally learned how I can add my comment. Hope this goes through. Love reading your LONG comments. All's well here. Keep up your good work and enjoy. Sonny