Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Being honored

Hi!

I just spent the time between classes with Hugo, as per usual. As we neared the end of our time together she asked if she could be one of my grandchildren!!! I, of course, said "YES". I am truly delighted that we have formed such a close friendship and am delighted that she cares enough about me to want to call me "Grandma". I've invited her to come to the US and her parents are comfortable enough that it might happen. So now we are a family of 26!!

Burt doesn't know it yet but her parents are actually taking us to a western restaurant tonight. One that she says is famous in Wuhan and where the locals often go to celebrate special occassions....can't wait!

3 comments:

Tee said...

So is she now the oldest grandchild? Can Ben step down? Or is he older?

Tell her I said welcome to the family!

Anonymous said...

you are aware that as honored grandparent you are now obligated to pay for her wedding and her daughter's wedding as well. you didn't read the fine print, did you? seriously, congrats on the honor.

i'll start looking for american wine bottle socks for when her family comes to visit.

Anonymous said...

Actually Mitch the Chinese tradition has changed. Now the man's family pays for the wedding so girls are becoming much more desirable in China